This course teaches the basic reading skills in English within a selected-text format. The reading texts are carefully chosen and they represent different discourse types. The course also provides the students with a large amount of EFL vocabulary and lays particular emphasis on skimming in an attempt to make the students avoid the word-by-word reading technique. It also trains the students on making inferences and summarizing the general ideas included in the reading comprehension.
- Develop skills related to reading speed reading and summarizing.
- Focus on developing comprehension skills through context.
- Choose a suitable subject and the basic idea of the piece.
- Tagged find important facts.
- Understand the meaning of the word through the context of the sentence.
- Training students to read effectively.