This course explores various methods used in business and management writing techniques. It includes a review of the styles used in business paragraph and essay writing and emphasizes effective analytical writing techniques. It stresses grammatical correctness and displays the study and analysis of business reports, agreements and contracts. In addition, the students are introduced to explanatory, argumentative and analytical business essays.
The course is intended to teach writing skills for business purposes. Students will acquire the skills needed to compose and revise different business related assignments in standard written English i.e. proposals, letters, faxes, memos, etc. The different writing assignments will be supplemented by detailed lectures, oral and written guidelines, group work and grammar instruction as needed.
It is expected that after successfully completing this course,students will be able to:
- Draft, write and revise professional assignments.
- Correctly use the most common work related writing formats.
- Analyze composed assignments to determine objectives and audience.
- Determine the purpose and scope of the written correspondence and state it clearly.
- Support general business related statements with specific and relevant details.