Commitment to providing competitive education and qualitative knowledge production, in order to achieve the university's social responsibility towards sustainable development and quality of life.
Source (3rd University Strategic Plan Document): https://www.mu.edu.sa/sites/default/files/2020-12/2020%20mu_0_3.pdf
To provide distinguished educational programs based on modern developments in computer and information sciences, and to develop highly scientific and academic qualified graduates and successful competitors in the labor market to contribute to the national development.
Computer Science Program Vision
The Department of Computer Science (CS) strives to provide an excellent academic program that meets the international criteria in the field of computer science and which will help in having highly qualified and trained students.
Computer Science Program Mission
Prepare qualified national graduates with high skills and enough experience to join and engage into the labor market of the field of computer science by providing the graduates with the latest knowledge, advanced skills, and strong moral values to serve the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Computer Science Program Goals
The goal of the CS program is to introduce graduates who can:
- Be gainfully employed in computer science or related career paths including industrial, academic, governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Continue their professional development by engaging in professional activities and/or training to enhance their careers and/or pursue post-graduate studies
- Advance in their professional career of the Computer Science field..
Computer Science Program Objectives
The department expects undergraduate majors in the program to be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and skills:
- Solve problems
- Master a wide-range of problems solving techniques ( e.g. algorithm, design)
- Understand the basics of computer science
- Communicate effectively with other verbally and non-verbally
- Function on multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of contemporary issues in computer science
Consistency with University & College Missions
The university mission can be simplified as:
UM1: Providing competitive education
UM2: Qualitative knowledge production
UM3: Social responsibility towards sustainable development and quality of life
The college mission can be simplified as:
CM1: Provide Distinguished Educational Programs
CM2: Follow modern developments of computer and information systems
CM3: Produce highly qualified graduates who are able to compete in labor market and contribute to national development.
The department mission can be simplified as:
DM1: Provide qualified national graduates with high skills and enough experience
DM2: Meet the needs and requirements of the labor market
DM3: Provide graduates with latest knowledge, advanced skills, and strong moral values
DM4: Engage graduates to contribute in serving the society