ABET Student Outcomes
BMET Program will be adopting the ABET Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC)'s new 1-5 general criteria student outcomes from 2021.
1. an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to biomedical equipment technology
2. an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to biomedical equipment technology
3. an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature in biomedical equipment technology
4. ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve Processes
Since BMET Program was earlier accredited by ABET Technology Accreditation Commission (TAC) in 2015 and below a-k general criteria student outcomes were followed till Dec 2020.
1. a knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in societal and global context
2. an ability to select and apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies;
3. an ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives;
4. an ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to broadly-defined engineering technology activities;
5. an ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems;
6. an ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes;
7. an ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team;
8. an understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development;
9. an understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity;
10. a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
11. an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;