Last Modified Sat, 2017/07/01 - 09:51
A visiting student is he who studies some courses in another university or a branch of the same university without transferring to it. The courses he studies are equated according to the following regulations:
- The student has to get the approval of the college in which he intends to study as a visiting student prior to admission.
- The college or the university in which he intends to study should be a recognized institution.
- The courses to be studied in another university should be equivalent to the requirements of graduation in his university.
- If the visiting student studies in one of the branches of the college he studies in, he will be treated in accordance with Article (47).
- The University Council determines the maximum percentage of credit hours to be considered for the external student.
- The courses equated for the visiting student are not counted within his CGPA. The courses are written on his academic record.
- Any other conditions set by the University Council.
The Operational Rule for Majmmah University
A visiting student is the student who studies some courses in another university or a branch of the same university without transferring to it. The courses he studies are equated according to the following regulations:
Firstly, any student from Majmmah University who wants to study as a visiting student:
- Bring a prior permission from his college allowing him to study as a visiting student, determining the courses he would like to study. The college may condition that the student should attain a specific rate for the course equation. He will be given a letter from the Deanship of Admission and Registration to that effect.
- The student should have an academic record with a (CGPA) for at least one semester in the university, before he applies as a visiting student.
- The university or the college in which he intends to study should be a recognized institution.
- The course the student intends to study in another university should be equivalent to one of the courses included as part graduation requirements.
- Taking into account (Article 42), the maximum total for the credit hours to be counted for a visiting student is 20% from the total graduation credit hours in Majmmah University.
- Equated courses of the visiting student shall not be counted as part of the student's (CGPA). The courses shall, however, be registered in his academic record.
- The student should inform the Deanship of Admissions and Registration the results he obtains within the first week from the beginning of the semester following his study as a visiting student. If he does not provide his results , he shall be considered absent (except summer courses) and he shall be treated in accordance with (the Article 15).
- A visiting student shall be paid a monthly bonus if he deserves it through manual files after forwarding his results of the semester to the Deanship of Admission and Registration.
- The maximum number of the semesters students are allowed to study as a visitors ,are two semesters.
Secondly, any student from another university who wants to study in Majmmah university should:
- Have an academic record with a (CGPA) of one semester at least from the university in which he had been admitted.
- He should obtain a prior written approval from his university , permitting him to study as a visiting student in Majmmah University. In the letter he should mention the courses of Majmmah University he would like to study.
- He should get the approval of the college in which he wishes to study as a visiting student.
- The visiting student from another university would not be awarded a bonus from Majmmah University.
- The courses the student takes are registered by the Deanship of Admission and Registration , taking into account all the regulation of registration.
- At the end of his studies, the student shall be given a letter, showing the results of the courses .