Frequent questions by university students concerning the university regulations.
1- What is the Academic Warning?
The Academic warning is a notification to the university student due to his/her low GPA (Grade Point t Average), which is (2 out of 5) according to the Academic regulations.
2- What is the meaning of Semester Formative Marks?
Formative Marks are marks given to a student for his/her academic participation, research or educational activities during a given semester.
3- What is an Incomplete Grade?
Incomplete Grade is a temporary grade given to a student because of his/her failure to meet the course requirements at the specific time. It is coded as (IC) in the student Academic Transcript.
4- What is the meaning of a Continual Grade?
It is a temporary grade for a course that takes more than a semester to finish. It is coded as (IP)
5- How can calculate my semester grade?
The semester grade is the quotient of the student’s total points divided by the total prescribed units of all the courses of a given semester. Points are calculated by multiplying the prescribed unit by the weighed grade obtained by the student in each course.
6- How is the GPA calculated?
It is the quotient of the total points obtained by the student in all the courses he/she has studiedsince joining university divided by the total prescribed units of such courses. (For an example of Cumulative Grade calculation, click her)
7- How many units can I register in one semester?
The minimum limit of units a student can register is 12 hours (one unit) in a single semester, and the maximum limit is 20 hours (unit) considering the Student Cumulative Grade. The number of units must fit the student cumulative grade.
8- What is the Level System at the university?
It is a study system of 2 semesters each year. The summer semester accounts for half of a spring or fall semester. Graduation requirements are distributed over levels according to the study plan.
9- When are courses of the next semester registered?
Courses are automatically registered at the Deanship of Admission and Registration before the beginning of a given semester.
10- IS the student required to confirm his/her automatic registration?
Yes. A student must take his/her timetable out of theUniversity portal before the end of the first week of study, or he/she would be considered a dropout.
11- Can a student add courses to or delete courses from his/her timetable?
Yes. A student can delete courses he/she does not want to study, or add courses he/she wants to study within one week of the beginning of a semester and in the academic evaluation period of the university. Student study load mustn’t be less than 12 credit hours (units) or more than 20 credit hours (units).
12- Can I register courses or credit hours even if I get an academic warning because of my lower cumulative grade (2 out of 5)? No. A student who received an academic warning cannot register more than 14 hours.
13- I have got a mediocre grade. How many hours or study units I can register?
A student who received a mediocre grade cannot register more than 16 hours.
14- I am expected to graduate this semester, and my grade is mediocre. I still have more than 16 hours or study units to graduate. What should I do to register the study units or credit hours?
A graduate student can exceed the maximum hours by only 3 hours.
15- What is the permissible proportion of the student absence hours according to the university regulations?
A regular student must attend lectures and sessions. He/she will be denied access to final examinations and fail the course if his/her absence hours exceeded the proportion set by the University Council. Attendance percentage mustn’t be less than 75% of the total lectures and classes of each course.
16- What should I do if I did not attend the final examination of a course without a plausible excuse?
If a student misses the final examination of a course without a plausible excuse, he/she will be marked zero in that exam. Only his/her Formative assessment marks are marked and calculated.
17- What should I do if I miss the final examination due to a plausible excuse?
If a student misses a final examination of a course due to compelling and necessary conditions, the College Council may accept his/her excuse and allow him/her to sit the final exam during the next semester. He/she is given the mark he/she obtains at the exam.
18- Can a student apologize for a semester because of emergency, and how?
A student can apologize for a semester due to emergency if he/she submits a plausible excuse to the Dean of his/her college at least 3 weeks before the final examinations according to the academic calendar. But for those students whose colleges apply the Study Year System, they could apologize for the semester at least 5 weeks before the final exams according to the approved academic calendar.
19- How many times can I cancel for a semester throughout my university study?
You can only cancel for two consecutive semesters or three separate ones. However, students in the colleges that apply the annual system cannot cancel two or more consecutive years throughout the student period of study at the university.
20- Can I cancel for a course, and do not take a fail grade in it?
Yes, you can cancel for one or more courses according to the determined period, although the course load mustn’t be less than the minimum limit (12 hours), and the cancelling is within the predetermined period.
21- Can I delay the course for specific reasons?
Yes, you can delay any course before the end of the first week of study, but the reason of delay has to be accepted by your college dean, and the delay should not exceed 2 consecutive semesters or more than two separate semesters. Moreover, the delay cannot take 2 consecutive years or 3 separate years. (However, students in the colleges that apply the annual system cannot cancel two or more consecutive years throughout the student period of study at the university.)
22- Is the delay period calculated in the required graduating period?
No, the delay period is not calculated in within the required period for graduation.
23- I dropped out of college for personal reasons without submitting any excuses or cancelling terms. What is my status then?
If a student drops out of college for a semester without the submission of any excuses, he/she is considered dismissed from the university. The college council can decide the student dismissal due to a period less than above. The distant learner is dismissed if he/she has not taken all semester final examinations without excuse.
24- I am a visiting student at another university. Am I considered a dropout?
No. A visiting student at another university is not considered a dropout.
25- What are the conditions of student dismissal?
The conditions that lead to student dismissal are:
1- Dropping out
2- Withdrawal without plausible excuse
3- Academic dismissal
26-Can I get readmission? What are the terms?
A dismissed student can submit a petition of readmission according tothefollowing terms:
1- He/she should file the petition during 4 semesters after dismissal
2- The college council and respective authorities approve his/her readmission
3- A student can apply to the college as a new student if he/she misses the grace
4-semester period of readmission and meets the imposed requirements at the time. The University Council can make an exception according to the university regulations.
4- A student cannot be readmitted more than once. However, the college council can make exceptions if necessary.
5- Readmission is not permissible in case of academic dismissal
27- I have been dismissed from University due to disciplinary reasons. Can I get readmission?
No. Readmission is not possible in case of academic or disciplinary dismissal from any university.
28- When can I graduate?
After successfully completing graduation requirements as per the study plan, and the student’s grade mustn’t be less than mediocre i.e. not less than 2 out of 5
29- I completed the requirements of graduation according to the study plan, but my grade is less than 2 out of 5. What should I do to graduate?
The College Council according to the respective department can decide the required courses that raise student’s grade to graduate.
30. What are the graduation document details?
Each graduate receives a document containing the following details written in English and Arabic: date of graduation, student’s name, nationality, ID number, college, major, certificate, appreciation award (if found), and is finally signed by the dean.
31. Can I get an alternative to my lost graduation document?
A graduation document might be issued as an alternative but contain a phrase saying: “Back-up Document”.
32. When does the student receive the academic warning?
The student deserves the academic warning if his GPA less than 2 out of 5.
33. It’s written on my academic record a phrase saying: “rejected academically” after having three sequent academic warnings, so can I raise my GPA?
The student is considered academically rejected after three warnings until the council of the faculty is held which has the authority to give the student a fourth opportunity. If the student couldn’t raise his GPA after the fourth opportunity, then his case is transferred to the permanent committee of students’ problems. The committee then has the right to give the student a fifth conditional approval depending on his GPA (not to be less than 2 out of 5). The sixth and last opportunity is given to him conditionally by the university council depending on the permanent committee recommendation.
34. What is the maximum duration to finish the required materials in college?
The student must finish all his required materials through the permitted duration of study plan unless his case is considered as the following: • If he doesn’t finish his required materials through half of the permitted period, the council of the university gives him an exceptional opportunity to finish his required materials in a maximum duration doesn’t exceed the double of the defined period of graduation under a condition of giving a convincing reasons to the university council. The university council gives another opportunity which is two terms to the dismissed students who exceeded the period of the program by the recommendation of the permanent committee of students’ problems.
35. How is the students’ grade considered?
• Oral and practical exams, researches, class participation and at least a one written exam. • At least two written exams.
36. How is the students’ rate considered?
To know everything about the students’ rates (press here)
37. How is the graduate’s general rate calculated?
GPA mustn’t be less than 4.5 Very good:
GPA mustn’t be less than 3.5 Good:
the GPA mustn’t be less than 2.75 Satisfactory:
GPA mustn’t be less than
38. When do students get honors according the GPA?
First class honors are granted to the student who gets from (4.75) to (5.00) in GPA. Second class honors are granted to the student who gets from (4.25) to (4.75) in GPA.
39. What are the conditions to get the first and second class honors?
Students get the first and second class honors under the condition that: • Student shouldn’t be failed in any material he studied throughout his study in the university. • Student should finish all his required materials in a maximum duration not exceeding the half of the defined period to stay in his college. • Student should have studied at least (60%) of the required materials in the same university he has graduated from.
40. Can I do more than one final exam in the same day?
The student can’t do more than one exam in the same day unless the council of the university gives him an exception.
41. I was prevented to do the exam because I was late 45 minutes for the exam. What is the permitted period of lateness to enter the exams?
The student is not permitted to enter the exam after 30 minutes of the exam’s assigned time. On the other hand, he couldn’t get out till spending 30 minutes.
42. How can I transfer to Majmaa University?
• The student should have studied in a university accredited by the ministry of high education and he should have a GPA for at least one term.
• He shouldn’t have failed in his GPA.
• He mustn’t be dismissed from the university he transferred from.
• He mustn’t transfer to a higher degree than the previous one.
• He must achieve the transferring conditions of the university council.
• His materials in Majmaa University should be at least (60%) of the required materials for BA degree.
• He must spend half of the period he spent in the previous university and that which left in Majmaa University.
• Dean’s acceptance of the university he transfers to according to the conditions assigned by the council of the university.
• The procedures of transferring should be in the first week of the year. If not, it is delayed to the next term. The transferring process should be registered in the academic record of the student.
43. What are the conditions of materials equivalency for those who transferring to Majmaa University?
The council of the university does the materials equivalency of all materials that the student passed outside the university and the hours of these materials must not be less than 40% of the major he is transferring to. The content of the material that the student passed should be equivalent to the one he transferred to, but it doesn’t enter his GPA.
44. Can I transfer from a college to college inside the university?
The student can transfer from a college to college inside the university under the conditions that:
• Admission of the college deanship the student transferred to according to the conditions assigned by the council of the university.
• The student mustn’t spend more than four terms except the preparatory year.
• The procedures of transferring should be in the first week of the year. If not, it is delayed to the next term.
• The student must spend at least one term in the college he transferred from.
• The student can transfer once throughout his study in the university or twice if the preparatory year is included.
• The student who transferred to the preparatory year returns to his last department if he didn’t pass.
45. How can I transfer from the transitional program to BA degree?
• The student can transfer to a college if he finishes all his materials in the transitional program with a GPA not less than 2 out of 5. • If he finished his transitional program but he has 6 hours, he could transfer to a college with a GPA not less than 2.5 out of 5. • He could transfer to a college if he finished 50% of his transitional program with a GPA 4 out of five.
46. Is my GPA registered in my academic record of the college I’ve recently transferred?
All materials are registered in the academic record of the student in the new college including grades and GPAs.
47. Can I change my major inside the college?
After the dean’s acceptance the student can change his major under the condition that: • The period left for graduation is enough to complete his required materials. • The procedures of transferring should be in the first week of the year. If not, it is delayed to the next term. • All materials are registered in the academic record of the student in the new college including grades and GPAs.
48. Who is the visiting student?
The visiting student is the student who studies in another university or another college in the same university without transferring to it.
49. What’s the maximum number of hours can the visiting student study at the university he visits?
The maximum number of the units he studies is 20% of the total units in Majmaa University.
50. How can I get the approval of studying, as a visiting student, in Majmaa University?
• Student should get the approval from his university to be a visiting student and identifying the materials he wants to study. He should also prepare a formal letter from the deanship.
• The student should have an academic record for at least one term before being a visiting student.
• Study should be in an accredited university.
Equivalency should be done between the materials he is studying in the visited university and the graduation requirements. • The equivalent rates of the visiting student is not included in his GPA and registered in his academic record.
• Student should send his result to the deanship in the first week as a visiting student, unless he would be considered as a dropped out student.
• He receives his salary after sending his results the deanship.
• He can’t spend more than two terms as a visiting student.
51. How can I be a visiting student in Majmaa University?
Student can study in Majmaa University under the condition that:
• He should have an academic record with a GPA for at least one term in his university.
• He should prepare a letter from his university as a visiting student directed to Majmaa University and materials he wants to study should be mentioned in the letter. • He must get an approval from the university he wants to study in.
• He doesn’t receive his salary from Majmaa University. • His materials are decided by the deanship.
• He should prepare a letter of his results.
52. What is the policy of the salaries?
• Student should attend at his university.
• He should be Saudi or from Saudi mother.
• He should not be an employee
• Three months should pass before he gets the first salary.
53. When does the salary stop?
The salary stops if:
• The student’s GPA shouldn’t be less than 2 out of 5.
• The student withdraws his file.
• The student finished his study in the university which is 4 years.
• The student receives a disciplinary decision because of violation of the university.
54. How much is the salary? Does differ from a major to another?
• (1000)SR in the scientific section.
• (850) SR in the literary section.
55. How much is the monthly deduction of the salary for student’s box?
10 SR is deducted from the scientific section student’s salary and 8 SR from the literary one.
56. For whom the student’s box is made?
• Giving support and loans to students.
• Establishing useful projects for students such as restaurants and stationary centers.
• Supporting the students’ projects and awarding the talented ones.
57. What is the university card? How can I get it?
University card is a card given to the regular student in the university including his personal details and university number. The card should be available every time. He can get it from the deanship by sending his acceptance letter and ID card.
58. What is the academic record?
Academic record is a detailed report explains the academic affairs of the student and includes the materials he finished and grades in addition to the GPA for each term.
59. I’ve withdrew my file from the university but I want to get back. Can I?
Student should spend two years after his withdrawal from the university to get back again.
60- What is the university calendar? And how can I benefit from it?
It is a calendar of the university semesters including the summer term. You can know dates and deadlines of transfer, cancelling courses, addition, withdrawal and readmission.
61- What is the University debit card? It is the debit card that the student needs to cash his/her monthly salary?
62- What can I do if I lose my university debit card?
You must notify the Deanship of Admission and Registration to cancel the old card and issue an alternative debit card in 30 days.
63- What can I do if I lose my university card?
You must notify the Student Affairs Section at the Deanship of Admission and Registration in order to obtain an alternative card in 10 days.
64- What is the Portal? And what are the services it provides?
The portal is the student academic venue through which he follow up his educational requirements during his study at the university. Services provided by the portal are:
1- Getting timetables
2- Addition of and cancelling courses during the academic evaluation
3- Performing academic procedures including ( cancelling courses- withdrawal)
4- Getting the university transcript
5- Knowing the student academic status 6- Reviewing courses results of the semester