- The Technical Support Department (TSD) is responsible of providing all types of maintenance works of the university's computers. The department also offers assistance and solutions to software and hardware through a specialized team in the field.
The TSD is divided into four units:
- Technical Support Unit in Zulfi
- Technical Support Unit in Hawtat Sudair
- Technical Support Unit in Remah
- Technical Support Unit in Ghat
- Female Unit
Responsibilities of the Department:
- Ensure all computers are connected to the university domain
- Setup and configure computer hardware and associated peripherals such as printers
- Carry out preventative and emergency maintenance programs for computers and associated peripherals
- Maintain computers and associated peripherals at labs
- Provide technical support to all original software
- Update operation systems and software on regular basis (i.e. Windows, Office)
- Check the condition of computers and associated peripherals
- Check new arrival computers and ensure they are in compliance with the required features
- Set up computer labs for students at the beginning of each semester, during exam period and when necessary to ensure they have no issues.
- Carry out inspection tours to computer labs (i.e. weekly) to ensure hardware and software are working efficiently.