- Overview of University
- Guides and regulations
- Saudi Digital Library
ContactTelephone : 0164041055
Vice Rector for Academic Affairs at the university has the following Authorities and Specialties:
• Constant contact with Deans and associated Deanships, study the ways of developing the performance, reconsider the programs and the scientific and academic plans, provide specialized studies to expand the disciplines and departments, suggest the numbers that can be accepted in colleges, within the potential, and the need of society, and suggest books and references needed by colleges to facilitate the educational process at the university as well as the coordination among colleges.
• Direct supervision on the teaching burdens that faculty members have , and conduct what is required of study or analysis, in order to comply with the associated rules and regulations.
• Recommend the approval of cooperation with contractors of faculty members whom their services are needed by other colleges in public lectures and pay them back as financial dues..
• Stop the plans of signing contracts with faculty members from outside the university to cover the extra hours, and issue the order to pay the financial dues to whom has been commissioned to cover those extra hours .
• Follow-up setting the planning programs as well as the operational mechanisms for community service and continuing education, and identify the programs that go along with the labor markets’ needs and their beneficiaries, and put forward the methods of applying these programs as well as the expenses in applying them , in accordance with the regulations and instructions and what comes out from the university in this regard.
Vice Rector for Academic Affairs has shared authorities and specialties with Vice Deans at the university as the following :
• Adoption the functionality evaluation forms for all the employees of the Units and Departments associated with , except Deans and Vice Deans. The Vice Rector for Academic Affairs prepares these evaluation forms, then he attaches them to the Rector for approval. Then the Vice Rector displays these evaluation forms with the results and who has got satisfactory or unsatisfactory on the Rector.
• Approval of having the employees of the Units and the associated Departments their normal leave under the condition of completing the required procedures by the General Administration of Administrative and Financial Affairs in accordance with the regulations.
• Punish the employees in the associated departments in accordance with the regulations , except Deans, as well as those who are included within the organized list of the employee affairs of faculty members in Saudi Universities.
• Referral students who have committed transgressions to their own disciplinary committee.
• Direct insurance for what the units and the associated Deanships do need of money , but no more than (two hundred thousand Saudi Riyals) for just one time, after making sure of the availability of funds and the previous link with funds, and taking into account the tasks of the purchasing committees, in accordance with the provisions of Article (46.45) of the competitions system and the governmental procurements.
• Permission to commission the employees of the units and the associated departments to work over the official working hours for the favorable progress of work , but for a period not exceeding seven days per month, and no later than four months in the fiscal year, after making sure the availability of appropriations and the commitment before commissioning work.
• Mandate faculty members for the favorable progress of work within the Kingdom for a period not exceeding five days for a time, and no more than (30) days in the fiscal year. After making sure the availability of appropriations, and the commitment with the commission before traveling.
• Authorize disbursement of the allocated advance to him/her - if any - within the limits set forth by the decision of payment in advance.
• Configure interim committees to finish the work associated with the units and departments, and propose the formation of Standing Committees with a clear work program and determine their tasks and specialties.
• Contact his counterparts in the ministries, private or governmental departments. Also, contact those who have the same specialties and work duties inside or outside the Kingdom (as is the case in the cultural attaché regarding scholarships)
• Provide proposals which will help to develop the work, improve the efficiency of performance, and open new horizons that are consistent with the objectives of the university and its aspirations, in the academic, research, administrative, and technical fields as well as the investment and cooperation and the fruitful partnership with others.
• Hold consultative meetings with Deans of the units, and directors of Departments, and make consultations for the favorable progress of work to overcome obstacles, whether these meetings are periodic or according to the need of work as well as the constant communication with those Deans and directors of departments, and the cooperation in conducting the work and facilitate the procedures.
• Identify human needs of faculty members as well as administrators, technicians, workers, housings, fittings, and means of transport, etc.In addition to, what is needed by the units and associated departments, and the coordination with the General Directorate of Public Affairs for Administrative and Financial Affairs, and the relevant committees at the university, to be provided , and follow up what have been done and update the Rector of the university of the obstacles that face work or delay it.