World Digital Library offers free online format and multi-lingual important raw materials from countries and cultures around the world.
Objectives of the World Digital Library are:
· To promote understanding between countries and cultures;
· Expand the size of cultural content on the Internet and its diversity;
· Provide resources for educators, scientists and the general public;
· Building the capacity of partner institutions to narrow the digital divide within and between States.
Content and method of research and responsibility
· Allow the World Digital Library to explore cultural treasures from around the world, study and enjoyment, all in one location and a variety of ways. These include cultural treasures but not limited to manuscripts, maps, rare books, sheet music and recordings, films, prints, photographs and architectural fees.
Can browse the material on the global digital library easily by the time and place, subject, material type and contributing institution, and can be reached through an open search in multiple languages. Of the benefits of geographical blocs interactive timeline and view the advanced capabilities of the images and explanatory. Additional information is also available through the descriptions of the level of material and interviews with the trustees on certain materials.
Available navigation tools and content descriptions in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. There are also many other languages represented in the same books, manuscripts, maps, photographs and other raw materials available in their original language.
Was developed by the World Digital Library team in the United States Library of Congress with contributions from partner institutions in many countries and the support of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the financial support from a number of companies and private institutions.
Link access: http://www.wdl.org/ar/