- The IT program prepares alumni to meet the needs of users at any organization, including their ability to design and integrate the application as well as manage computing techniques.
The IT program is a 5-year study program, and the medium of instruction of all core and prerequisite courses is English. Individually or as groups, students are expected to carry out a graduation project in their last year of study. The IT major offers two tracks (programs of study) from which students can choose, allowing them to focus their program on the areas of interest. The tracks are :
(1) Network and System Management
(2) Web and Multimedia Applications
- Degrees conferred by the college:
(1) Bachelor of Science in Information Technology / Network and System Management
(2) Bachelor of Science in Information Technology/ Web and Multimedia Applications
- Common first year requirements
During the common first year, students learn the necessary skills to be able to register and take admission in the bachelor degree of computer science. Students also study intensive courses in English language, essentials of computer and introduction to mathematics and physics.
- The university requirements
Beside the common first year requirements, students need to take prerequisite courses such as Arabic language, Islamic Education and arts.
- The college requirements
The college requirements ( Math, science and programming) provide students with solid analytical and scientific essentials.
- Core courses requirements
The core courses offered as requirements of the bachelor degree of information technology develop students’ knowledge with a training in different fields such as visual programming, data base, multimedia, web design and programming, system integration, smart systems, data transfer, computing network and system maintenance and management.
- Prerequisite courses requirements
- At level five, students can choose one of two study programs. The first one is Network and System Management. In this track, students will take advanced courses in Information Administration and Storage Technology, Infrastructure Environment and Network Servers, Database Management Systems, Enterprise Architecture and Systems Design, Mobile & Wireless Networks. The second track is Web and Multimedia Applications and students take advanced courses in Web Site Management, Web Development, Digital Technology Applications, Information Visualization and Advanced Web Applications Development.
- Summer internship